Friday, October 31, 2008

Too good to be true?

The discharge papers are sitting with the nurse. I have to have one more round of blood work to check my liver function and then I get to go home. If the blood work comes back and says that nothing has changed. If they've spiked . . . ugh. They are not spiking though - even though the itching started again last night - they are not spiking. Because I want to go home!

Once I am released (optimistic thoughts!), I am on bed rest. I am allowed to walk around the house once a day, use the bathroom, eat, and shower. Otherwise I'm in bed or reclining somewhere. The doc said I am not in the full stages of toxemia, but I am so close he is worried. He is also leaving town until the 17th. And he says he wouldn't be surprised if I delivered before he got back. I gave him a grumpy face when he said that. I really want him to deliver the baby, but if that doesn't happen I will just have to live with it. As long as she is healthy and I make it through everything, then it's all good.

On top of all of this there are the complications with my liver, which to my understanding are not related to toxemia (PIH, preeclempsia... whatever we are calling it today). I don't want to even start worrying too much about that unless things look bad. They just came to take my blood and it should only be about an hour before the results are in. And then hopefully they'll be like - woot! Go home! Right? Right.

I have some visitors coming, so I am going to try and take a quick nap before they get here. I'm sure another update will be forthcoming soon! That is, if there is anything to update!

Oh - and Happy Halloween!!!!

5 comments:

April said...

I can't stand it!! Are you home? I tried to IM you, but you're offline. I hope that means you are going home!!!

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh how I loathe waiting to be discharged from the hospital! It always takes 5 times longer than I think it's going to.
But way to go with the thinking happy thoughts. Just be Pollyanna and you'll be good.

Author said...

Hang in there Shanae!

Love,
Alison

Biobrevcap said...

she is home already so yeah! woot!! anyways

Biobrevcap said...

hey mom, when r u gonna up-date your blogger? yeesh im getting bored already and i just found out you blog!